Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Sophie Conran, the award-winning English interior designer, is the daughter of designer and restaurateur Sir Terence Conran and the sister of fashion designer Jasper Conran.

She says it sometimes feels like design has become part of her DNA.

Here are her top 10 tips for being an interior designer.

1. Start young and see what excites you
I had a dolls' house as a child. I decorated it, furnished it and even put wallpaper up, so I sort of started interior design at quite a young age for some small, inanimate clients!

We moved home when I was about eight years old. My parents bought a dilapidated old school and then spent the next few years doing it up. We basically lived on a building site, and I got to see the whole thing stripped back to the bare bones. I found it really exciting and I think that experience probably sparked my initial interest in interior design.

2.Believe in yourself
I left school after my O-levels, and then I did a year of retakes because I did so badly. It is so important to believe in yourself, and tell yourself that it is going to be ok.

I failed at school and not going to university meant that I wasn't particularly confident when I started out and I didn't feel great about myself then. I was quite badly dyslexic and everything was a bit of a struggle, apart from the arts. Reading, writing and spelling were all a bit tricky.

I always loved designing things. With anything in life that you want to do, if it interests you and you spend enough time doing it, you will learn it. You just have to care enough about it to try.

3. Practice your maths, it's not all choosing lovely curtains

I think it is very competitive now. I would always encourage people to stay in education for as long as they can, really. I think it shows staying power, demonstrates a certain seriousness about things and allows you to get your thoughts in order. Even though I didn't do it, I do think it's a good thing.

Getting some sort of grounding in architectural interior design is a very good thing to do. You need to learn to do things like scale drawings and maths is very important too. It's not all choosing lovely curtains and fabrics!

4. Consider an internship
When I left school, I became an apprentice milliner - I really wanted to make hats at the time. Looking back, it was a great thing to do because it is so important to learn a skill, to work with a team and to understand seasonality.

I would totally encourage people to go for internships. They give you an experience of the industry that you want to be in and allow you to find out if it is the right one for you. It means that you start from the bottom and you get access to amazing talent in the real world.

I'm very lucky to work in a field that I really enjoy, but I wouldn't take on a job that I felt was going to be unpleasant or difficult. I think it's important to work with people that you get on with and that you can see eye to eye with.

5. Don't blow the budget
You don't need to spend a lot of money to make a room look and feel good. Time frames and budget constraints are probably the most difficult thing to manage about the job. People don't want to spend too much money and if you go over budget, then people understandably get upset.

I'll make suggestions and put together a mood board using images from books and magazines. Try and get all your ideas in one place visually, from bits of fabric to tiles to floor finishes, put all the bits you might want to use together and see if they work together on paper, that is always a good place to start.

6.Be brave
I get my inspiration from all over the place; books, magazines, the internet, shops and my relatives of course!
A long time ago, when I first had my flat in London, I painted my sitting room yellow and blue. I thought it would be a good idea, but it wasn't and it was hideous! I was 20 years old, I was brave and I thought this could work, this could be fabulous.

It didn't and it wasn't, but some of the other things I tried did - and I think it's important to be brave. When you're spending someone else's money steer clear of something you think might be a mistake, but do try and be brave. Otherwise we'd all live in a very grey world, wouldn't we!

7.Don't aim for perfection
Things don't have to be perfect to be beautiful. If you go into a room and it's all perfect, you don't feel comfortable. A home interior is not an abstract thing, it is about people, it's about the way you feel, the way you interact. It's about family and friends, it's the backdrop to your life.

We used to drive down to France every summer when we were kids and my Mum would stop off in Limoges, which is famous for porcelain. She would always insist on buying seconds from the factory shop. They were all wobbly and bent because they had been misfired, but to me they were beautiful and filled with character.

That was a big part of what inspired me to create the Portmeirion collection. If things are too perfect then it is without character, it's not good to be too precious about something. The more you strive for perfection, the more it disappears. Don't aim for perfection, try to create a relaxed environment, that's what I think is important.

8.Look for inspiration in everything and get to know your clients
I get my inspiration from all over the place; books, magazines, the internet, shops and my relatives of course! It is like being in a family of doctors sometimes, we spend a lot of time together and are inspired by similar things so we do talk about our work with each other.

Our enthusiasm can be slightly contagious I think, and it sometimes feels like design has sort of become part of our DNA, but everyone in the family has been incredibly supportive of me and encouraging and it's lovely.

Thinking about how a room is going to make you feel is essential. That is what good interior design does. It's about creating an atmosphere. You absolutely have to know something about the people you are designing a space for. You need to find out about the way they lead their life, which rooms they use the most and you must always consider form and function.

9. Take your time with colour and lighting
When it comes to making decisions about colour, my advice is to do it slowly. Try colours on a small area of the walls you want to paint and look at them at different times of day. It's about instinct and how it makes you feel again. Always try things before you make any final decisions.

Lighting is also essential because it's all to do with mood. I like to have lots of different light sources, low level lighting as well as ceiling lights and I like to have quite a lot of control over them as well, with lots of different switches and dimmers.

The functionality and the atmosphere are the most important things to get right. The fabrics, the floor coverings, the furniture the lighting are the tools that you use to create that. Don't make rushed decisions if you can help it, apply a process of elimination approach if you can. The more you do it, the more confident you will become in your decision making.

10. Be empathetic and think about how a room makes you feel
You've got to be able to empathise with your client. Being an interior designer can mean lots of things, there's a little bit of being a nanny in there, a little bit of psychology and lots of empathy.

When you have designed a space or an object or anything really and the client loves it, that is why I do what I do. That is the best feeling and the best thing about the job. If you create something and you put it out there and you know that somebody else is genuinely thrilled with it, then that is your reward and there is no better feeling!

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-29616848
Are you always receiving compliments on your interior design taste? Do you love decorating rooms and arranging furniture? If you answered yes to these questions, then maybe a career in interior design is right for you.

Before you make a life-altering career choice, there are some things you should know about the design world. Interior designers face challenges every day; some of these may not appeal to you, while others may excite you and open doors to a career that you never thought was possible.

Read on to learn the 10 things you should know before becoming an interior designer.

1. There Is a Difference Between Decorators and Designers
What’s the difference between interior decorators and interior designers? In one word: education.

Literally anyone can become an interior decorator. Someone who loves playing with colors, fabrics and textiles can become a decorator by simply printing business cards and promoting themselves to clients. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but educational background is also important.

On the other hand, an interior designer must have an accredited education; an associate or bachelor’s degree is a requisite for working in the interior design field. Do you want to pursue an education, or jump immediately into the decorating world? Keep reading to see if interior design could be the right fit for you.

2. You Must Have a Knack for Design
It may seem obvious, but in order to become an interior designer, you need to have an innate flair for color, spatial arrangements, architecture and textiles. Do you enjoy decorating your home and get lots of compliments on your decor? That doesn’t necessarily mean you should be an interior designer, but it’s certainly a good sign.

The first step to a successful career is to follow your passion. After all, doing something you love will never feel like work. Take this fun quiz to see which field you should consider majoring in. Is a career in interior design in your future?

3. Interior Design Isn’t All Fabric and Fun
While fabrics, furniture and color may play a large role in interior design, there are plenty of other tasks that are required of interior designers — many of which may seem less like fun and more like work.

Interior designers need to be educated in the history of design, the structural integrity of buildings, building codes, ergonomics, spatial concepts, ethics, psychology, computer-aided drawing (CAD) and much more.

It might seem that interior designers are expected to be Jacks (or Jills) of all trades, doesn’t it? This broad range of skills is required because designers work with not only homeowners, but also builders, architects, government agencies and business owners.  To become a successful interior designer, one needs to be educated and well-rounded.

4. The Salary Isn’t as High as You Think
Show me the money! After all, shouldn’t someone with such a vast education get paid well? It depends. Statistics show that the median salary of an entry-level interior designer in the U.S. is $42,380 per year.

Of course, this depends on a lot of factors, such as education, location, work experience and size of the firm/company. An interior designer at a furniture company will most likely make less than a designer who works for a high-end architectural firm.

Essentially, you can dictate your rate of pay by gaining as much exposure and experience as possible. Someone with education in the fields of architecture, building codes/laws and structural design will more likely become financially successful.

5. You Need to Be a People Person
Ask interior designers to share their experiences, and they will surely relate some horror stories of past clients. People are finicky, especially when it comes to their homes. While some clients have clear goals in mind, others may think they know what they want only to discover that they hate the final product and are dissatisfied with your work.

A successful interior designer is a people pleaser and a mitigator (and sometimes a mind reader) — someone who can steer clients toward a favorable outcome while making them feel they are in full control of the design choices. Interior designers are constantly balancing their design decisions and their clients’ desires. It’s not a cakewalk, to say the least.

6. You Need to Develop a Portfolio
A picture says a thousand words, and this is definitely true when it comes to an interior designer’s portfolio. You can talk all day long about colors and textiles, but unless you have an outstanding portfolio that showcases your designs and projects, your successes will be few and far between.

If you are just coming out of school and are new to the job market, it may be necessary to offer your services for free or at a reduced rate. This is probably the best way to get a portfolio started; it’s also a great way to get to know local merchandisers and suppliers, and develop a rapport for future projects.

Everybody starts at the bottom. With some effort, experience and proper marketing, you can become a successful force in the interior design field.

7. Competition Is Fierce in Interior Design
Interior design is a competitive business. The key to success is getting yourself noticed. As mentioned above, an amazing designer portfolio will certainly help you land jobs.

Another important factor is acquiring an extensive education. The more you know, the better off you will be. Consider looking toward future trends such as population growth, designing for the elderly, modern architecture and green design; education within these specific fields of design will give you the upper hand in the job market.

It is also a good idea to stay abreast of design trends by reading design publications and websites such as Freshome, communicating with fellow designers and following a mentor. When competition is high, you need to work hard in order to get noticed and rise to the top.

8. Virtual Designers Have an Opportunity
When people hire an interior designer, they may not realize that they can actually hire from anywhere in the world. Yes, designers can telecommute, too! Thanks to technological innovations such as Skype and design software, designers are discovering a whole new world of virtual design.

Although several free online virtual room design tools available to the general public, interior designers have an edge on this competition thanks to their exclusive relationships with elite design lines. Several high-end textile companies offer discounts to designers working in the trade, thereby allowing them to get their clients the best prices.

9. Designers Must Know Local Laws and Codes
This is where would-be designers may opt to avoid the education and become decorators, thereby avoiding some of the doldrum of learning building codes and local laws.

Some of the details can certainly be boring, but they are required knowledge for interior designers. Learning about plumbing codes, electricity and load-bearing walls may not excite you, but it is required. Staying abreast of such things gives interior designers an advantage and marketability that decorators simply do not have.

10. It’s Not About Your Style, It’s About Theirs
While designers can offer their clients a wide range of design styles to choose from, it is important to remember that it is up to the clients to choose what style suits them best.

Just because designers are educated and have good taste does not make their choices superior to their clients. The interior designer’s job is to offer a variety of styles and direct the client toward the right design choice while allowing the client to feel in charge.

For example, you may work as an interior designer for years and never design a house that suits your personal tastes. It is all about the clients’ style — and you must put your own aside.

After reading all the pros and cons of becoming an interior designer, do you think it’s one you’d like to pursue? If you’re considering interior design as a career, then remember all 10 of the things mentioned above. The field may be competitive, but with a little hard work and a stellar portfolio, you can become a successful interior designer.

Source: https://freshome.com/2014/10/13/10-things-you-should-know-about-becoming-an-interior-designer/
Interior Architects (IAs) are professionals who design the interior of a building in an aesthetic manner. They should increase the function, allure and satisfaction of the interior of a building. IAs have to design and arrange the various aspects of the interior so that they are appealing, functional and meet all safety standards. The plan must be compliant using interior design protocols and the principles of architecture. In order to complete their work, they should have an understanding about how space, colors, scale, lighting and furnishings change the appearance of the interior of a building. They should also possess an ability to alter the mood in a given room by incorporating any or all of these aspects and concepts.

Daily Tasks

IAs must be able to read and decipher building plans and be cognizant about construction permits because they need to know what can and cannot be realigned when designing an interior. Therefore, IAs must be familiar with three dimensional structures, construction materials and methods.
They should also be able to decode the building plans precisely and accurately so that they can decide about making the required structural changes in an economical way.
Their nature of work requires them to be in constant touch with their clients. They have to work in teams, with engineers, plumbers, electricians, and other construction workers and experts in their respected fields. So, they have to have affective communication skills, leadership ability, and amazing listening traits, be presentable in manner and cordial with others.
Interior Architects should also have the acumen to manage the budget of a project and complete it within the promised or agreed deadline.
Required Skills

IAs should be adept in drafting and art.
They should have a good grasp of colors, moods, design and the ability to understand the personal space of people.
A keen interest in matching the expectations of their customers.
Ability to draft a design of an indoor space that is not only appealing but also useful, with technical provisions, such as heating, plumbing and cooling systems.
The depiction must be compliant with the safety standards to take into account emergency situations, like earthquakes or fires.
Steps to become an Interior Architect

A bachelor’s degree in architecture or interior design (five year program) is usually required for this career choice. Choose a college with an accreditation from Foundation of Interior Design Education and Research (FIDER). However, if you are a graduate in any other subject, complete a training program accredited by FIDER. These training programs must include training in architecture, computer and traditional drawing, construction technologies, interior designing, aesthetics and other soft skills.

It is also a good idea to attend a few interior architecture internships to gain a practical experience before attempting to join an organization. You can become a Certified Interior Architect by sitting for the exam conducted by the National Council of Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ). But to challenge this test, you should have an interior design education and completed six years in the interior architecture field.

Additional Qualifications

Assemble knowledge on safety standards, occupational standards, conservation issues and eco-friendly designs.
Accumulate business management and communication skills.
Increase your computer skills

Source: http://www.cvtips.com/career-choice/how-to-become-an-interior-architect.html
This is one of the more common questions I get asked. Well, it is probably the most common question people want to ask, but never quite do, as they don’t necessarily know how to phrase the question. Or, they’re afraid of seeming like they are asking a stupid question. Have no worry, there are no stupid questions about this issue, as it is confusing.

Here at Board & Vellum, we are what’s called an “integrated practice.” That means that the separate-but-linked fields of architecture and interior design are both practiced here. The design process is often the same for both paths. We have architects who only do architecture. We have interior designers that primarily select finishes and furniture. We also have people who do both and walk that line. It also means that if we are working with either an interior designer or an architect outside of our firm, we like to work together with all of the design consultants from as early as possible. This ensures a project that looks and feels cohesive. Sounds great, right? But again, what the heck is the difference?

Let me try to clarify the muddy gray waters of this issue. I can’t promise clarity, but I can hope to clear up some issues.

In the most basic form, when you hire an architect, we are looking at not only the forms of a space, but also the big picture pieces, such as life safety issues, engineering, exterior materials, and the big code questions. For a house, that means what the exterior looks like, how the house performs from an energy point of view, handling building permits, and often how the interior casework and cabinetry lays out.

When you hire an interior designer, he or she is typically going to handle the parts of a project that deal with how the interiors look. This can include selecting interior finishes (tile, hardwoods, carpets, wallpaper), as well as selecting furniture and soft goods (pillows, accessories, etc.). It ideally includes working with the architect on the layout out of the spaces, and how the cabinets, furniture, and other considerations work within the layout. This ensures that windows are properly placed, rooms are sized appropriately, and that the whole space feels harmonious.

In the middle gray area, are the often ambiguous services that many architects and interior designers both perform. This includes selection of interior finishes, such as tile and woodwork, drafting of interior elevations and details, and space planning for furniture placement.

Architecture vs. Interior Design – Venn Diagram of Architectural and Interior Design Services
I’ll add that the term “interior decorator” is a much smaller subset of “interior designer,” and is more about the selection of soft goods, furnishings, and window treatments (and often equally valuable as a consultant).

If you step back and look at the room you’re in right now, you can imagine that there are a lot of decisions to make when planning out a space. Everything from where the windows are, to selecting that pillow on the couch, are decisions that need to be made, especially in single-family residences.

Our process is fairly à la carte, as so many clients have a spectrum of interest in the process. Some clients are hiring us to make every single decision, while others really want to be part or sole owner of the selection of interior finishes and furnishings. Often we’ll have a client who has a great past relationship with an interior designer, and will bring that person to the table (hopefully early on), and we always welcome that working relationship. In the end, we feel it is our client’s home and helping them find a path to get a great finished product is our job no matter what level of interest or variety of design consultants that they want to bring to a project.

As you think about your project, you should consider what services you think you’ll need or want, and then assemble a team that has the ability to pull it all together. Carefully analyze all of the parts of your home that you’ll want handled beyond the basic design, and see what your consultants can do and how that is billed. (Often architecture and interior design services bill a bit differently). If you think ahead it will be a better project that looks cohesive and wonderful.

Source: https://www.boardandvellum.com/blog/architecture-and-interior-design/
Teaching / পরিশ্রম করতেই হবে
« Last post by Kazi Sobuj on Today at 04:10:59 PM »

যুক্তরাষ্ট্রের মহাকাশ গবেষণা সংস্থা স্পেসএক্সের তৈরি ‘ফ্যালকন-৯’ রকেটে চড়ে মহাকাশে পৌঁছেছে বাংলাদেশের স্যাটেলাইট (কৃত্রিম উপগ্রহ)—বঙ্গবন্ধু ১। ইলন মাস্ক এই প্রতিষ্ঠানটির প্রতিষ্ঠাতা ও প্রধান নির্বাহী। ২০১৪ সালে ইউনিভার্সিটি অব সাউদার্ন ক্যালিফোর্নিয়ার সমাবর্তনে তরুণদের উদ্দেশ্যে বক্তব্য দিয়েছিলেন তিনি। বলেছেন একটি সফল প্রতিষ্ঠান গড়ার সূত্র।

শুরুতে আপনাদের ধন্যবাদ জানাই। আমি বোধ হয় কথা বলার জন্য পাঁচ থেকে ছয় মিনিট সময় পাব। চেষ্টা করব এই সময়টুকু কাজে লাগাতে। চারটি বিষয় নিয়ে বলব। এর কোনো কোনোটা শুনে মনে হতে পারে যেন আপনারা এগুলো আগেও শুনেছেন। তবে এসব কথা আবারও নতুন করে গুরুত্ব পাওয়ার দাবি রাখে।

প্রথম কথাটি হলো: আমাদের কাজ করতে হবে। তবে এই কাজের পরিমাণ নির্ভর করবে আমরা কতটা ভালো করতে চাই তার ওপর। আমরা যদি একটা প্রতিষ্ঠান শুরু করতে চাই সে ক্ষেত্রে বাড়তি পরিশ্রম দরকার। কিন্তু বাড়তি পরিশ্রম মানে কী? যেমন আমি আর আমার ভাই যখন আমাদের প্রথম প্রতিষ্ঠানটি চালু করি, সেই সময় একটা অ্যাপার্টমেন্ট নেওয়ার বদলে আমরা শুধু একটা ছোট্ট অফিস ভাড়া করেছিলাম। তখন ঘুমাতাম কাউচে এবং স্নান করতাম ওয়াইএমসিএতে। আমাদের পুঁজি এতই কম ছিল যে একটি মাত্র কম্পিউটার দিয়েই কাজ চালাতে হতো। ফলে দিনের বেলায় ওয়েবসাইটটি চালু থাকত আর রাতে সেই ওয়েবসাইটের জন্য আমি কোডিং করতাম। এভাবেই কাজ করেছি সপ্তাহে সাত দিন, দিনরাত।

প্রচুর পরিশ্রম করতে হবে, বিশেষত আপনি নিজেই যদি একটা প্রতিষ্ঠান শুরু করতে চান। একটা সহজ হিসাব দিয়ে বুঝিয়ে বলি। অন্য একটা প্রতিষ্ঠানের কর্মীরা যদি সপ্তাহে পঞ্চাশ ঘণ্টা কাজ করেন, তাহলে তাঁরা যেটুকু কাজ সম্পন্ন করতে পারবেন, ১০০ ঘণ্টা কাজ করতে পারলে আমরা নিশ্চয়ই তাঁদের চেয়ে দ্বিগুণ কাজ শেষ করতে পারব।

আমার দ্বিতীয় কথা: নতুন কোম্পানি গড়ি কিংবা কোনো কোম্পানিতে যোগ দিই; উভয় ক্ষেত্রেই সবচেয়ে গুরুত্বপূর্ণ হলো অসাধারণ সব লোক জোগাড় করা। কোথাও যোগ দিতে হলে সেরকম একটি ব্যতিক্রম দলেই আমার যাওয়া উচিত, যারা আমার সম্মান পাওয়ার যোগ্য। একটি প্রতিষ্ঠান হচ্ছে এমন কিছু লোকের একটি দল, যারা এক জোট হয়েছে কোনো একটি পণ্য তৈরির বা সেবা প্রদানের লক্ষ্যে। আর সেই দলের লোকজন কতটা প্রতিভাবান ও পরিশ্রমী এবং সঠিক পথে তারা কতটা সুন্দরভাবে এগোচ্ছে, এসবের ওপরেই নির্ভর করবে প্রতিষ্ঠানের সাফল্য। কাজেই প্রতিষ্ঠান তৈরি করতে হলে অসাধারণ কিছু মানুষ পাওয়ার জন্য যা যা করার দরকার, সবই আমাদের করতে হবে।

তিন: আওয়াজ তোলার চেয়ে কাজের দিকে বেশি মনোযোগ দিন। অনেক প্রতিষ্ঠানই এই দুটি বিষয়কে গুলিয়ে ফেলে। তারা এমন সব ক্ষেত্রে কাঁড়ি কাঁড়ি টাকা খরচ করে যেগুলো তাদের পণ্যের মান উন্নয়নে আসলে কোনো কাজে আসে না। এখানে আমাদের কোম্পানি টেসলার উদাহরণ দেওয়া যায়। আমরা কখনোই বিজ্ঞাপনের পেছনে টাকা খরচ করি না। আমরা আমাদের সব পুঁজি খাটাই গবেষণা ও উন্নয়নের কাজে, উৎপাদন ও নকশার কাজে, যেন আমাদের পণ্যটা আরও ভালো করা যায়। আমি মনে করি এভাবেই এগোনো উচিত। যেকোনো প্রতিষ্ঠানের ক্ষেত্রেই এই প্রশ্নটি সব সময় সামনে রাখতে হবে, ‘এই যে এত উদ্যোগ, এত যে অর্থ ব্যয়, এসবের ফলে কি আমাদের পণ্য বা সেবার মান বাড়ছে?’ এই প্রশ্নের উত্তর যদি নেতিবাচক হয়, তাহলে এই সব উদ্যোগ বন্ধ করে দিতে হবে।

সবশেষের কথাটি হচ্ছে, কেবল গতানুগতিক পথ ধরে হাঁটতে থাকলেই চলবে না। আপনারা হয়তো আমাকে এই কথা বলতে শুনেছেন যে পদার্থবিদ্যার সূত্র অনুযায়ী চিন্তাভাবনা করাটা ভালো। প্রথম শর্ত হলো, অন্য কিছুর সঙ্গে তুলনার ভিত্তিতে সিদ্ধান্ত নেওয়ার চেয়ে যুক্তি দিয়ে সিদ্ধান্ত নেওয়া উত্তম।

একদম গভীরে গিয়ে আগে সমস্যাটা বুঝুন। তারপর যুক্তি দিয়ে সিদ্ধান্ত নিন। আমার কাজ আসলেই অর্থবহ হলো নাকি অন্য সবাই যা করছে আমিও তা-ই করলাম, যাচাই করার এটি একটি ভালো পন্থা। অবশ্যই এ কথা ঠিক যে এভাবে চিন্তাভাবনা করা খুব কঠিন এবং সব ক্ষেত্রে সম্ভবও নয়। এর জন্য অনেক চেষ্টার দরকার। তবে আমি যদি নতুন কিছু করতে নামি তাহলে এটাই হবে চিন্তার সর্বোত্তম ধারা। পদার্থবিদেরা এই কাঠামোটা উদ্ভাবন করেছেন গতানুগতিকতার বাইরে বা ঊর্ধ্বে নতুন কিছু পাওয়ার জন্য। যেমন, কোয়ান্টাম পদ্ধতি। এটি খুবই শক্তিশালী একটি পদ্ধতি।

পরিশেষে, একটা বিষয়ে আপনাদের উৎসাহ দিতে চাই। ঝুঁকি নেওয়ার এটাই সময়। আপনাদের কারও ছেলেপুলে নেই, তেমন কোনো পিছুটান নেই। কিন্তু বয়স বাড়ার সঙ্গে সঙ্গে আপনাদের দায়িত্বের পরিধিও বাড়তে থাকবে। যখন আপনাদের পরিবার হবে, তখনো অবশ্য আপনারা ঝুঁকি নেওয়া শুরু করতে পারেন। শুধু নিজের জন্য নয়, পরিবারের জন্যও। কিন্তু সেরকম পরিস্থিতিতে পরিকল্পনা ঠিকভাবে কাজ না করলে আপনি বিপদে পড়বেন। সে কারণেই ওই কাজগুলো করে ফেলার এখনই সময়, দায়দায়িত্বের বোঝা ঘাড়ে চাপার আগেই। আমি আপনাদের ঝুঁকি নেওয়ার এবং সাহসী কোনো পদক্ষেপ গ্রহণের আহ্বান জানাব। বিশ্বাস রাখুন, পস্তাবেন না। ধন্যবাদ।

আমি জানি না কথাগুলো আপনাদের কোনো কাজে লাগল কি না।

ইংরেজি থেকে অনুবাদ: জেরীন মারযান

গৃহস্থালির তৈজস থেকে শুরু করে বড় বড় স্থাপনা তৈরিতেও গ্লাস ও সিরামিকজাত পণ্যের ব্যবহার বাড়ছে। ক্রমশ বাড়ছে চাহিদা। আগে বিদেশ থেকে আমদানি করা হলেও এখন দেশেই এসব পণ্য উৎপাদিত হচ্ছে, দেশের চাহিদা মিটিয়ে রপ্তানি হচ্ছে বিদেশে। আর এ কারণেই উৎপাদনকারী প্রতিষ্ঠানগুলোতে প্রয়োজন হচ্ছে দক্ষ ও অভিজ্ঞ জনবলের, যেখানে বড় ভূমিকা রাখছে বাংলাদেশ ইনস্টিটিউট অব গ্লাস অ্যান্ড সিরামিকস। গ্লাস ও সিরামিক বিষয়ে ডিপ্লোমা প্রকৌশল পড়ার সুযোগ আছে এই শিক্ষাপ্রতিষ্ঠানে। কারিগরি শিক্ষা বোর্ডের আওতায় দেশে ৪৯টি সরকারি পলিটেকনিক ইনস্টিটিউট আছে। এর মধ্যে একটি বাংলাদেশ ইনস্টিটিউট অব গ্লাস অ্যান্ড সিরামিকস।

এসএসসি পাসের পরই চার বছর মেয়াদি এই কোর্সে ভর্তি হওয়া যায়। ঢাকার তেজগাঁওয়ে অবস্থিত প্রতিষ্ঠানটিতে পড়তে দেশের নানা জেলা থেকে ছাত্রছাত্রীরা আসে। বিষয় দুটিতে ভর্তি হতে হলে ছেলেদের ক্ষেত্রে সাধারণ গণিত বা উচ্চতর গণিতে কমপক্ষে জিপিএ-৩সহ ন্যূনতম ৩.৫ এবং মেয়েদের ক্ষেত্রে ন্যূনতম জিপিএ-৩ পেয়ে এসএসসি উত্তীর্ণ হতে হবে। ইতিমধ্যে বাংলাদেশ কারিগরি শিক্ষা বোর্ড ভর্তির বিজ্ঞপ্তি প্রকাশ করেছে। আবেদন করা যাবে ৩১ মে পর্যন্ত।

পড়ালেখার মান, নিয়মশৃঙ্খলা, পরিবেশসহ নানা বিষয়ের খোঁজ নিতে গত ৫ মে হাজির হই প্রতিষ্ঠানটির ক্যাম্পাসে। মূল ফটক দিয়ে ঢুকতেই চোখে পড়ল একটি নোটিশ বোর্ড। সেখানে ‘ছাত্র কল্যাণ ফাউন্ডেশন’ নামে শিক্ষার্থীদের গড়া একটি সংগঠনের দেওয়া বিজ্ঞপ্তিতে লেখা আছে সামাজিক সচেতনতামূলক কিছু কর্মসূচির কথা। বিস্তারিত জানা গেল এই সংগঠনেরই সদস্য গ্লাস ইঞ্জিনিয়ারিংয়ের চতুর্থ সেমিস্টারের শিক্ষার্থী নাজিম ইসলামের কাছ থেকে। তিনি বলেন, সংগঠনটির যাত্রা এ বছরই শুরু হয়েছে। এটি মূলত বাল্যবিবাহ প্রতিরোধে সচেতনতা বৃদ্ধি করা, স্বেচ্ছায় রক্তদান কর্মসূচি পালন, অসুস্থদের সেবাদান, গরিব শিক্ষার্থীদের আবাসিক সহায়তা প্রদানসহ দেশের যেকোনো দুর্যোগে দুর্গতদের সাহায্য করতে কাজ করে।

ছয় একর জায়গা নিয়ে নির্মিত শিক্ষাপ্রতিষ্ঠানটির চারদিকটা বাহারি রঙের ফুল আর গাছগাছালিতে ঘেরা। নিরিবিলি পরিবেশ। পুরো ক্যাম্পাসটি সিসি ক্যামেরার আওতাভুক্ত। ক্যাম্পাসের ভেতরে প্রশাসনিক ও একাডেমিক ভবনের মাঝখানে রয়েছে একটি আমগাছ। এটি শিক্ষার্থীদের কাছে আমগাছ চত্বর বলেই পরিচিত। ক্লাসের ফাঁকে এখানে বসে আড্ডা জমান শিক্ষার্থীরা। ইউনিফর্ম পরা একদল ছাত্রছাত্রীকে পাওয়া গেল সেখানে। পরিচয় দিয়ে কাছে যেতেই সিরামিক বিভাগের চূড়ান্ত বর্ষের শিক্ষার্থী নাসির জানালেন তাঁর চার বছরের স্মৃতির কথা। বললেন, ‘ক্যাম্পাসটা আমার কাছে খুব প্রিয়। গত চার বছরে অনেক স্মৃতি জমেছে এখানে।’ সিরাজগঞ্জ থেকে আসা একই বিভাগের শিক্ষার্থী তুষার বললেন, ‘ভিন্ন একটি বিষয় নিয়ে পড়তে এসেছি ভেবে প্রথম দিকে একটু মন খারাপ হলেও এখানকার পড়াশোনার মান, ক্যাম্পাসের পরিবেশ আর শিক্ষকদের আন্তরিকতা দেখে আর খারাপ লাগেনি।’

প্রতিষ্ঠানটির প্রশাসন ভবনের নিচতলায় রয়েছে লাইব্রেরি। আলমারিতে সাজানো আছে পাঁচ হাজারের বেশি বই। সেখানে কেউ কেউ প্রয়োজনীয় বইটির খোঁজ করছেন, কেউবা ক্লাসের পড়াটা এখানেই সেরে নিচ্ছেন। ঘুরতে ঘুরতে একাডেমিক ভবনে গিয়ে দেখা যায়, নিচতলার বড় অংশজুড়ে রয়েছে বিশাল ওয়ার্কশপ। গ্লাস বিভাগের একদল শিক্ষার্থীকে দেখা গেল হাতে-কলমে কাজ করছেন। তাঁদেরই একজন সায়েদা আক্তার। একটু আক্ষেপ নিয়ে বললেন, ‘হাতে-কলমে কাজ শেখার জন্য আমাদের পর্যাপ্ত যন্ত্রপাতি নেই। যেগুলো আছে, সেগুলোও অনেক পুরোনো।’

এ বিষয়ে গ্লাস বিভাগের প্রধান মো. মাসুদুল হকের বক্তব্য, ‘শুরুতে আমাদের এখানে শুধু সিরামিক বিভাগ ছিল। গ্লাস বিভাগটা চালু হয়েছে ২০০০ সাল থেকে। গত মাসে সরকার একটি প্রকল্পের অনুমোদন করেছে। সেখানে ইনস্টিটিউটের আধুনিকায়নের বিষয়টি অন্তর্ভুক্ত আছে। এ প্রকল্পের মাধ্যমে কিছু আধুনিক যন্ত্রপাতি সংযোজন করার কথা আমাদের পরিকল্পনায় আছে। এতে শিক্ষার্থীরা আরও ভালো করে হাতে-কলমে কাজ শিখতে পারবে।’

প্রশাসন বিভাগ সূত্রে জানা যায়, বর্তমানে প্রতিষ্ঠানটিতে বিভিন্ন বর্ষে ১ হাজার ৫০ জন ছাত্রছাত্রী আছেন। শুরুতে শুধু সিরামিক বিভাগে মাত্র ৪০টি আসন থাকলেও এখন সিরামিক বিভাগে ১৫০ জন এবং গ্লাস বিভাগে ৫০টি আসন আছে। চাহিদা বৃদ্ধি পাওয়ায় দুই শিফট চালু রয়েছে। প্রথম শিফট সকাল ৮টা থেকে শুরু হয়ে চলে বেলা ১টা ৩৫ মিনিট পর্যন্ত। আর দ্বিতীয় শিফট শুরু হয় ১টা ৩৫ মিনিট থেকে। চলে সন্ধ্যা ৭টা ৪০ পর্যন্ত। চার বছরে মোট ৮টি সেমিস্টারে পড়ানো হয়। প্রতি সেমিস্টারে উভয় বিভাগের শিক্ষার্থীদের ৭টি করে বিষয় পড়তে হয়।

একাডেমিক ভবনের দোতলায় রয়েছে শিক্ষার্থীদের জন্য আধুনিক ক্লাসরুম ও ল্যাব। এ ছাড়া স্কাউটিং, ডিবেটিং, ল্যাঙ্গুয়েজ ক্লাব ও একটি জব প্লেসমেন্ট সেল আছে। এই সেলের মাধ্যমে পাস করা ছেলেমেয়েদের চাকরির ব্যাপারে সহযোগিতা করা হয়।

ক্যাম্পাস থেকে একটু দূরে ছেলেদের জন্য ‘কবি নজরুল ছাত্রাবাস’ নামে ২৪০ আসনের একটি হোস্টেল-সুবিধা রয়েছে। মেয়েদের জন্য কোনো হোস্টেল নেই, তবে ক্যাম্পাসের ভেতরেই একটি বাংলোতে মেয়েদের থাকার ব্যবস্থা করেছে কর্তৃপক্ষ।

সিরামিক বিভাগের প্রধান বেলায়েত হোসেন জানান, চীন সরকারের বৃত্তি পেয়ে প্রতিবছরই এখান থেকে চার-পাঁচজন শিক্ষার্থী সিরামিকের ওপর প্রশিক্ষণের জন্য বিদেশে যাওয়ার সুযোগ পাচ্ছেন। এ ছাড়া সরকারি নীতিমালা অনুযায়ী দরিদ্র ও মেধাবী শিক্ষার্থীদের জন্য বৃত্তির ব্যবস্থা আছে। তিনি বলেন, ‘হাতে-কলমে কাজ শেখার জন্য অষ্টম সেমিস্টারের শিক্ষার্থীদের বিভিন্ন প্রতিষ্ঠানে ছয় মাসের প্রশিক্ষণে পাঠানো হয়। এ সময় প্রত্যেক শিক্ষার্থী ১৩ হাজার ৫০০ টাকা ভাতা পান। প্রশিক্ষণে ভালো পারফরমেন্স দেখাতে পারলে সেই প্রতিষ্ঠানেই কাজের সুযোগ পাওয়া যায়।’

সম্প্রতি প্রকাশিত হয়েছে এসএসসি পরীক্ষার ফলাফল। শিগগিরই নতুন একটি ব্যাচ মুখর করবে এই ক্যাম্পাস। প্রতিষ্ঠানটি এখন তাদেরই অপেক্ষায় আছে।

মো. আইয়ুব আলী, অধ্যক্ষ, বাংলাদেশ ইনস্টিটিউট অব গ্লাস অ্যান্ড সিরামিকস
মো. আইয়ুব আলী, অধ্যক্ষ, বাংলাদেশ ইনস্টিটিউট অব গ্লাস অ্যান্ড সিরামিকস
শিক্ষার্থীরা বেকার বসে থাকে না

গ্লাস ও সিরামিকের ওপর আমরাই একমাত্র প্রতিষ্ঠান, যেখানে এ দুটি বিষয়ে পড়ানো হয়। আমাদের কোনো ছাত্রছাত্রীকে পড়াশোনা শেষে বেকার বসে থাকতে হয় না। শেষ বর্ষে পড়ার সময়ই অনেকে কাজের সুযোগ পেয়ে যান। তবে দেশে এই বিষয়ে উচ্চতর ডিগ্রি নেওয়ার সুযোগ নেই বলে ছেলেমেয়েদের মনে একটা হতাশা আছে। ইতিমধ্যে আমরা সংশ্লিষ্ট বিভাগ ও মন্ত্রণালয়কে এ বিষয়ে প্রস্তাব পাঠিয়েছি। পাস করার পর ওরা যেন বিএসসি করার সুযোগ পায়, সে জন্য আমরা সর্বাত্মক চেষ্টা করছি। আমি মনে করি, আগামী চার-পাঁচ বছরের মধ্যে এই সেক্টরের শিক্ষার্থীদের ভবিষ্যৎ আরও উজ্জ্বল হবে। তাদের আর পেছনে তাকাতে হবে না।

আরও সংবাদ
বিষয়:
স্বপ্ন নিয়েশিক্ষাঙ্গন

ভিন্ন কিছু পড়ি
ভিন্ন কিছু পড়ি
নতুন আলোয় রাঙা
নতুন আলোয় রাঙা
প্রত্যয়ী প্রিয়তা
প্রত্যয়ী প্রিয়তা
News and Events / স্পটার আশিকুর
« Last post by Kazi Sobuj on Today at 04:03:48 PM »

ছোটবেলায় স্বপ্ন ছিল পাইলট হবেন। কিন্তু বড়বেলায় এসে দেখলেন, পাইলট হতে যে ধৈর্য ও পরিশ্রম দরকার তা নেই আশিকুর রহমানের। তাই বলে তিনি অবশ্য উড়োজাহাজকে জীবন থেকে বিদায় জানালেন না। সে সময় দেখলেন, তঁার বড় ভাইয়ের দুই বন্ধু ক্যামেরা নিয়ে উড়োজাহাজের ছবি তোলেন। বাহ্‌! ব্যাপারটা তো দারুণ! আশিকুরের মনে ধরল বিষয়টা। তিনি ভাইয়ের বন্ধুদের কাছ থেকে জানলেন, এভাবে যাঁরা উড়োজাহাজের ছবি তোলেন তাঁদের বলা হয় ‘স্পটার’। স্পটাররা মূলত বিভিন্ন ধরনের উড়োজাহাজের গায়ে লেখা নিবন্ধন নম্বর সংগ্রহ করেন, ছবি তোলেন, ভিডিও করেন। নতুন নতুন উড়োজাহাজ দেখাই তাঁদের শখ। আন্তর্জাতিকভাবে শখের এ কাজটি বেশ প্রচলিত।

ছবি তুলতে দেশে দেশে

আশিকুরও নেমে পড়লেন এই কাজে। ‘প্রথমত শখ ছিল। এখন রীতিমতো নেশা। উড়োজাহাজের ছবি তোলার চেয়ে আমি ভিডিওই বেশি করি।’ বলছিলেন আশিকুর। আমরা ভেবেছিলাম, টুকটাক উড়োজাহাজের ছবি তোলেন হয়তো, এটাকেই বলছেন নেশা। কিন্তু আশিকুর যখন জানালেন, বিশ্বের সবচেয়ে বড় কার্গো উড়োজাহাজের ছবি আর ভিডিও ধারণ করার জন্য তিনি জার্মানি অবধি গিয়েছিলেন, তখন যেন এক লাফে চোখজোড়া কপালে উঠে যায় আমাদের। বলেন কী! আশিকুর হাসতে হাসতে বলেন, ‘হ্যাঁ। ঘটনাটা গত মাসের। নেদারল্যান্ডসের আমস্টারডামে আমার কয়েকজন বন্ধু থাকে। তারা হঠাৎ একদিন জানায় যে জার্মানির লিপজিগ-হালে আন্তর্জাতিক বিমানবন্দরে ‘আন্তনভ এন-২২৫ ম্রিয়া’ উড়োজাহাজ অবতরণ করবে। আসবি নাকি? আসব না মানে? বলে কী! এ সুযোগ কি বারবার পাওয়া যাবে? তল্পিতল্পা গুছিয়ে কয়েক দিনের মধ্যেই উড়াল দিই জার্মানির উদ্দেশে। সেখানে ৩, ৪ ও ৬ এপ্রিল তিন দিনে তিনবার ওঠানামা করেছে উড়োজাহাজটি। আমি বেশ কয়েকটি ভিডিও ধারণ করতে পেরেছি।’

বোঝা গেল, এই উড়োজাহাজের ভিডিও ধারণ করতে পেরে ভীষণ উচ্ছ্বসিত আশিকুর। কেন এত উচ্ছ্বাস সেটাও অবশ্য ব্যাখ্যা করেন একটু পর। এই উড়োজাহাজের ছবি তোলার জন্য আর ভিডিও ধারণ করার জন্য জার্মানির বিভিন্ন শহর থেকে তো বটেও বিশ্বের অন্যান্য দেশ থেকেও স্পটাররা এসেছিলেন। কারণ, এটি প্রায় ৩৩ বছর আগের এক সুপার কার্গো উড়োজাহাজ এবং বিশ্বের সবচেয়ে বড়। এটি সচরাচর উড্ডয়ন করে না। বিশেষ প্রয়োজনেই কেবল এটি ব্যবহার করা হয়। উড়োজাহাজটি উক্রাইনের কিয়েভ শহর থেকে চারটি জেনারেটর বহন করে নিয়ে এসেছিল জার্মানিতে। তারপর লিপজিগ-হালে বিমানবন্দর থেকে উড়ে যায় সৌদি আরবের দাম্মাম বিমানবন্দরে।

আশিকুর রহমান। ছবি: সংগৃহীত
আশিকুর রহমান। ছবি: সংগৃহীত
এই সুযোগে অ্যাডভেঞ্চারপ্রিয় স্পটাররা জড়ো হয়েছিলেন লিপজিগ-হালে বিমানবন্দরে। তবে সবচেয়ে দূরের দেশ থেকে সম্ভবত গিয়েছিলেন আশিকুর। তিনি তাঁর স্পটার অ্যালবাম দেখাচ্ছিলেন আমাদের আর জানাচ্ছিলেন এসব তথ্য। কত রকমের, কত ধরনের, কত বাহারি সব উড়োজাহাজ। দেশ-বিদেশের। লিপজিগ-হালে আন্তর্জাতিক বিমানবন্দরের বাইরেও কিছু বিমানবন্দরের ছবি দেখা গেল। জিজ্ঞাসু চোখে তাকাতেই আশিকুর জানালেন, এ পর্যন্ত তিনি অস্ট্রেলিয়া, থাইল্যান্ড, নরওয়ে ও নেদারল্যান্ডসে গিয়েছেন উড়োজাহাজের ভিডিও ধারণ করতে।

ছবি তুলতেই বাড়িভাড়া

শখ বটে। আশিকুরের স্পটিং নেশার গভীরতা বোঝার জন্য যেতে হবে শাহজালাল আন্তর্জাতিক বিমানবন্দরের পাশে বাউনিয়াতে। এখানে একটি বাসা ভাড়া নিয়েছেন শুধুই ছাদ থেকে সবচেয়ে ভালোভাবে উড়োজাহাজের অবতরণ ও উড্ডয়নের ভিডিও ধারণ করার সুযোগ পাবেন বলে। বাসাটিতে আশিকুর ও তাঁর তিন স্পটার বন্ধু ছুটির দিনগুলোতে যান ভিডিও করতে আর ছবি তুলতে। আশিকুরদের একটি দলও আছে। সাত সদস্যের সেই দলের নাম ‘প্লেন স্পটার বাংলাদেশ’।

আশিকুর বলছিলেন, ‘বাইরের দেশগুলোতে স্পটিং যতটা জনপ্রিয়, আমাদের দেশে ততটা নয়। আমরা এই গ্রুপের মাধ্যমে চেষ্টা করছি স্পটিংকে জনপ্রিয় করতে। বাইরের দেশগুলোতে স্পটারদের ছবি নিয়ে প্রদর্শনী হয়। আমাদেরও ইচ্ছা আছে সে রকম প্রদর্শনীর আয়োজন করার।’

বাইরের দেশে আরও অনেক কিছুই হয়। বিশেষ ধরনের উড়োজাহাজের উড্ডয়ন-অবতরণের সময়সূচি আগে থেকেই স্পটারদের জানিয়ে দেয় বিমানবন্দর কর্তৃপক্ষ, যাতে তাঁরা পূর্ণ প্রস্তুতি নিয়ে ছবি তুলতে পারেন, ভিডিও করতে পারেন। পৃথিবীর অনেক বিমানবন্দরই ‘ওপেন ডে’ নামে একটি বিশেষ দিন রাখে, যেদিন স্পটাররা নির্বিঘ্নে ছবি তুলতে পারেন। বিশ্বের অনেক বিমানবন্দর স্পটারদের জন্য আলাদাভাবে বিমান প্রদর্শনীর আয়োজন করে থাকে। যুক্তরাজ্যসহ বিশ্বের কয়েকটি দেশে স্পটাররা বিমানবন্দরের গোয়েন্দা বিভাগের সহযোগী হিসেবেও কাজ করার সুযোগ পান। কিন্তু আমাদের দেশে এখনো এসব সংস্কৃতি চালু হয়নি। তবে আশিকুর আশাবাদী ‘অদূরভবিষ্যতে বাংলাদেশেও স্পটিং জনপ্রিয় হবে। তখন আমাদের বিমান কর্তৃপক্ষও স্পটারদের জন্য নানা উদ্যোগ নেবেন, আইনকানুন শিথিল করবেন।’

আশিকুরের গন্তব্য

শখের কথা, আশার কথা তো অনেক শোনা হলো। এবার...। আশিকুর বলেন, ‘এবার পেশার কথা শুনতে চান তাই তো?’ মাথা ঝাঁকিয়ে ‘হ্যাঁ’ সূচক উত্তর দিতেই নিজের সম্পর্কে তিনি বলতে শুরু করেন, ‘আমি পেশাগত দায়িত্ব পালন করছি একটি বেসরকারি মুঠোফোন সেবাদাতা প্রতিষ্ঠানে পণ্য ব্যবস্থাপক হিসেবে। তার আগে ইস্ট ওয়েস্ট ইউনিভার্সিটি থেকে বিবিএ ও এমবিএ সম্পন্ন করেছি। ছোটবেলা কেটেছে চট্টগ্রাম বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় ক্যাম্পাসে। বাবা ছিলেন বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের শিক্ষক। সেখানে চট্টগ্রাম বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় স্কুল অ্যান্ড কলেজে পড়েছি উচ্চমাধ্যমিক পর্যন্ত। বাবা মারা গেছেন; এখন মা আর ভাই-ভাবিদের সঙ্গে থাকি ‍গুলশানে। যখন খবর পাই বিশেষ কোনো উড়োজাহাজ আসছে শাহজালাল বিমানবন্দরে, তখন ছুটে যাই বাউনিয়ার বাসার ছাদে। এ ছাড়া ছুটির দিনগুলোতে নিয়মিত যাই বাউনিয়ার ভাড়া বাসায়।’

‘আন্তনভ এন-২২৫ ম্রিয়া’ নামে এই উড়োজাহাজের ছবি তুলতেই আশিকুর গিয়েছিলেন জার্মানির লিপজিগ-হালে আন্তর্জাতিক বিমানবন্দরে
‘আন্তনভ এন-২২৫ ম্রিয়া’ নামে এই উড়োজাহাজের ছবি তুলতেই আশিকুর গিয়েছিলেন জার্মানির লিপজিগ-হালে আন্তর্জাতিক বিমানবন্দরে
কথা শেষ করে দম নেন আশিকুর। আপনি মানুষকে তথ্য জানাতে ভালোবাসেন তাই না? ‘ঠিক ধরেছেন। ইউটিউবে আমার একটি স্পটিং চ্যানেল আছে (https://goo.gl/MLK7yB)। এই চ্যানেলে আমি আমার স্পটিং ভিডিওগুলো আপলোড করি। আপনারা ভিডিওগুলো দেখলেই বুঝবেন আমি শুধু উড়োজাহাজের ভিডিও দিই না, সেই উড়োজাহাজ সম্পর্কে নানা তথ্য দিই। কোথায়, কখন, কীভাবে ভিডিওটি ধারণ করা হয়েছে, সেসব তথ্যও দিই।’ বলছিলেন আশিকুর।

তিন বছর আগে ২০১৫ সালে আনুষ্ঠানিকভাবে স্পটিংয়ের পথে যাত্রা শুরু করেন আশিকুর রহমান। গন্তব্য কত দূর জানেন না। শুধু জানেন, যেতে হবে বহুদূর।

http://www.prothomalo.com/pachmisheli/article/1492621/%E0%A6%B8%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%AA%E0%A6%9F%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B0-%E0%A6%86%E0%A6%B6%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%95%E0%A7%81%E0%A6%B0
Training new staff or developing the skills of current employees not only lets people know what's expected of them, but also helps ward off problems down the road. You don't want an employee to have trouble interacting with others or not understand what their manager wants. If these items aren't initially addressed during training, they're sure to cause friction.

Below, five successful human resources executives from Forbes Human Resources Council select the most important (yet often overlooked) topics that employee training should address in order to prevent big issues down the road.

From top left to right: Lisa Whealon, Bridgette Wilder, Todd Richardson, Rick Devine, Sarah O'Neill.
All photos courtesy of the individual member.
From top left to right: Lisa Whealon, Bridgette Wilder, Todd Richardson, Rick Devine, Sarah O'Neill.

1. Embrace Shifts In Company Culture

When putting together employee training, most companies overlook culture-based learning. It doesn't matter if this is a new hire or a 20-year veteran employee. Ongoing education around your culture and expectations is huge. Culture shifts as companies go through growth or organizational changes, and being in front of these changes to model desired behavior goes a long way. - Lisa Whealon, GL group, Inc.

2. Align Personal And Organizational Branding

It's important that employees understand that their uniqueness is key to organizational success. However, it's also important that employees understand their personal branding must align with organizational branding and values. An employee's career success is not just about their performance: It's also about showing that they can perform in a manner that aligns with core organizational values. - Bridgette Wilder, Media Fusion

3. Make Training More Accessible Through Mobile

If training isn’t accessible to everyone, it’s no good. How can you duplicate the same training experience to remote employees or those who start after a training session is completed? Making training materials and media accessible via mobile allows all employees to be informed, increases your repeatability and scalability, and reduces headaches later on. - Todd Richardson, Emplify

4. Expand Long-Term Skills

Training should be connected to future employ-ability, as well as the immediate position. This means an equal focus on helping them develop the skills they need now, and refining and expanding their skill set over time for future opportunities. It’s motivating for employees to know their employer is invested in their growth, and that what they’re learning will be valuable to their career as a whole. - Rick Devine, TalentSky, Inc

5. Learn To Lead

One often overlooked topic that employee training fails to address is how to be a leader rather than a manager. The word "manager" is a title; the label of "leader" should be for everyone. By teaching everyone in your company — top to bottom — to lead effectively, you will develop and grow existing talent, increase engagement, and become an employer of choice.

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbeshumanresourcescouncil/2017/03/30/five-important-training-topics-you-dont-want-to-overlook/#612699d3734d
Professional development training is overlooked and underappreciated as an employee retention and recruitment tool. In fact, it’s often one of the first things to go when budgets get cut. Here are some reasons why investing in the growth and development of employees is a smart idea that is evergreen.

Offering professional development training programs allows employees to perform better and prepares them for positions of greater responsibility. But it can also help employers attract top job candidates, retain their best workers and identify future leaders. Moreover, ongoing professional development is very appealing to many employees today who are looking to keep their skills relevant in a rapidly changing world.

Investing in each of your workers is beneficial to the whole organization and can boost the bottom line. Following are six rewards you can realize if you support or provide professional development training initiatives:

1. You increase the collective knowledge of your team
Encouraging your employees to train in relevant subjects and applications — an advanced course in a software program they use daily, for example — can have an immediate effect on productivity. Professional development can also help raise overall staff expertise when employees with vastly different backgrounds and levels of experience are encouraged to share information.

Idea: Consider supporting continuing education by offering tuition reimbursement or covering the costs associated with pursuing industry certifications. Paying for employees to take a course offered by a local university or technical school can be a simple but invaluable way to help them grow their skills. You also might invest in a group membership to an e-learning training site, or simply allow employees to view educational webinars during working hours.

2. You boost employees’ job satisfaction
When staff members can do their jobs more effectively, they become more confident. This leads to greater job satisfaction and improved employee retention. There are a range of low-cost professional development training options to choose from, including mentorships, job shadowing and cross training.

Idea: Leverage the expertise you already have within your office. A mentor, for instance, can serve as guide and teacher and help mentees sharpen both their soft skills and technical abilities. Gaining practical knowledge, institutional insights and hands-on guidance is a highly effective way for mentees to become more valuable and versatile employees.

3. You make your company more appealing
When you offer training and development opportunities, you’re building a positive reputation as an employer that cares about its workforce and strives to employ only the best. Your customers and clients will benefit, too, from the high level of efficient service they receive. And keep in mind that your employees are your brand ambassadors. When they attend conferences and seminars, they represent and reflect all that’s good about your organization.

Idea: To encourage knowledge sharing after events, have brownbag lunches or ask team members to lead a meeting to share what they learned at an industry conference. Beyond helping the employee sharpen his or her presentation and teaching skills, these gatherings can boost the group’s knowledge base and help establish a greater sense of camaraderie.

Competitive compensation is critical in the tug-of-war companies are waging over skilled professionals today. As you set compensation levels for new hires and talented team members, be sure to visit Robert Half's Salary Center.

4. You attract the right kind of in-demand candidates
Do you want to attract the most highly driven and career-focused candidates when you post a job opening? Offer them more than just a competitive salary and benefits; paint an enticing picture of how they can grow professionally or expand the career avenues available to them if they come to work for you.

Idea: In job postings and during interviews, actively promote that your company does all it can to help employees develop and refine their skills. But you should also play up your company’s learning culture and commitment to professional development training when meeting with potential employees at career fairs, conferences, networking lunches and other industry events.

5. You aid your retention strategy
Your workers want to feel like they’re appreciated and making a difference. But they also want to feel like they’re gaining expertise and becoming more well-rounded. If your team members don’t feel challenged, or they sense stagnation in their careers, they'll look for advancement opportunities elsewhere. Lifelong learning exposes your employees to new experiences and keeps them engaged in their work. Professional development training helps build and maintain enthusiasm, but it also inspires loyalty.

Idea: Make sure employees know that you care about their evolving professional interests and objectives. Check in regularly and communicate your desire to help them build a long-term career with your firm. Giving high-potential team members challenging “stretch assignments” along with ongoing professional development and skill-building opportunities is a winning combination for improved retention.

6. You make succession planning easier
Do you feel like some employees clearly fall into the management material category? Leadership development programs are tools for grooming future leaders for your organization. If you’d like to be able to promote staff to managerial positions in the future, targeted training now can help you ensure your best and brightest are prepared to move up.

Idea: Sending top employees to accredited leadership training seminars and conferences can be a great move. But it’s also important to expose promising candidates for executive- and management-level roles to different parts of your organization. These individuals may even work for other functions temporarily under the tutelage of seasoned leaders in those departments. The purpose of this type of professional development training is to help future leaders gain a more complete understanding of how the business operates, and to acquire a broad set of skills that will help them guide the firm through change.

Finally, set a good example. Reinforce your commitment to professional development training by seeking educational opportunities for yourself. Research from the Center for Creative Leadership finds that it’s increasingly important for company leaders to take charge of their own learning. Plus, your promotion of professional development training to employees will be more impactful if it’s clear that you practice what you preach.

Source: https://www.roberthalf.com/blog/management-tips/professional-development-training-a-win-for-the-entire-team
প্রতিযোগিতার এই পৃথিবীতে নিজেকে সফল করার জন্য সর্বোচ্চ সাধ্য দিয়েই আপনাকে চেষ্টা করতে হবে। কিন্তু এই চেষ্টা করারও কিছু নিজস্ব নিয়ম থাকা চাই। আর তাই আজ আপনাদের সাথে শেয়ার করা হলো ক্যারিয়ারে সফল হওয়ার ১১ টিপসঃ

লক্ষ্য নির্ধারণ করুন : আপনার ক্যারিয়ারের স্বল্পমেয়াদি ও দীর্ঘমেয়াদি লক্ষ্য নির্ধারণ করতে হবে। মাঝে মাঝে নিজের কাজগুলো পর্যালোচনা করুন, আপনি যেভাবে চাচ্ছেন সেভাবেই আপনার লক্ষ্যের দিকে আপনি এগোতে পারছেন কিনা। যদি মনে হয়, যেভাবে চাচ্ছিলেন সেভাবে হচ্ছে না, তবে কোন কোন সমস্যার কারণে পিছিয়ে পড়ছেন খুঁজে বের করুন এবং সমাধান করার চেষ্টা করুন।

ফোকাসড হোন : আপনি যদি শারীরিক অথবা মানসিকভাবে কিছুটা বিপর্যস্ত হয়েও থাকেন, চেষ্টা করুন সেই সমস্যাগুলো একপাশে সরিয়ে রেখে আপনার ক্যারিয়ার এবং কাজের প্রতি দৃষ্টি নিবদ্ধ করতে। চেষ্টা করুন ক্যারিয়ারের প্রতি ফোকাসড হতে।

যত পারেন নিজের স্কিল বাড়ান : যতটা সম্ভব নিজের জ্ঞান এবং অভিজ্ঞতা বাড়ানোর চেষ্টা করুন। প্রতিযোগিতার এ সময়ে অন্য সবাই যখন প্রতিনিয়ত নিজের জ্ঞান ও কোয়ালিটি বাড়ানোর জন্য চেষ্টা করছে, আপনি সেটা না করলে পিছিয়ে পড়বেন। ইন্টারনেট অথবা বই যেখানে ভালো লাগে পড়ার চেষ্টা করুন। যত পড়বেন ততই জানবেন এবং শিখবেন, পড়ার কোনো বিকল্প এখনো তৈরি হয়নি।

অগ্রাধিকার ভিত্তিতে কাজ করুন : আপনার সারা দিনের কাজের পরিকল্পনা করুন। কী কী কাজ করবেন তার তালিকা তৈরি করুন এবং কোন কাজগুলোকে অগ্রাধিকার দিয়ে করবেন, সেটা ঠিক করুন। এ ক্ষেত্রে যে কাজটা অধিকতর জরুরি, সেটা আগে তারপর বাকিগুলো করার চেষ্টা করুন। আর যখন সবগুলো কাজই জরুরি এবং স্বল্পতম সময়ে সবগুলোই শেষ করতে হবে আপনাকে, সে ক্ষেত্রে প্রত্যেক কাজের জন্য প্রতিদিন নির্দিষ্ট সময়ের শিডিউল তৈরি করুন এবং সে সময়ের মধ্যে শেষ করার জন্য সর্বোচ্চ চেষ্টা করুন।

সামাজিক হোন : সুযোগ হলে বিভিন্ন সামাজিক কর্মকান্ডে অংশগ্রহণ করুন। সামাজিক অনুষ্ঠানগুলোতেও নিজের অংশগ্রহণ বাড়াতে থাকুন, এতে অনেক নতুন মানুষের সঙ্গে পরিচিত হওয়ার সুযোগ পাবেন। এভাবে মানুষের সঙ্গে মেশার অভিজ্ঞতা হবে এবং আপনার নতুন নতুন ক্ষেত্রের যোগাযোগ বাড়বে। কে বলতে পারে, কখন কোন কানেকশন আপনার কাজে লেগে যাবে।

নিজের গুণ সম্পর্কে সজাগ থাকুন : এ পৃথিবীর কেউই পরিপূর্ণ নয়, প্রত্যেকেরই কিছু না কিছু দুর্বলতা আছে। নিজেকে জানুন, কোন কোন কাজে আপনি বেশি সামর্থ্যবান আর কোন কোন কাজে আপনি দুর্বল জেনে নিন এবং দুর্বলতা কাটিয়ে ওঠার চেষ্টা করুন। দুর্বলতা আমাদের সবারই আছে; কিন্তু যে যতটা কাটিয়ে ওঠার চেষ্টা করতে পারে, সেই তত বেশি সফল হতে পারে।

চ্যালেঞ্জ নিন : নতুন কোনো কাজকে এড়িয়ে যাবেন না, চ্যালেঞ্জ হিসেবে গ্রহণ করুন। আপনার অব্যাহত চেষ্টা আপনাকে অন্য এক উচ্চতায় যেতে সাহায্য করবে। চ্যালেঞ্জ নিয়ে সফল হলে আপনার আত্মবিশ্বাস যেমন বেড়ে যাবে বহু গুণ, অন্যের কাছেও আপনার যোগ্যতা আপনি প্র্রমাণ করতে পারবেন।

যোগাযোগক্ষমতা বাড়ান : সময়টাই এখন যোগাযোগের। যত বেশি যোগাযোগ, তত বেশি সুযোগ। অন্যদের কথা শুনুন, জানুন। কারণ প্রতিটা মানুষেরই ভিন্ন ভিন্ন অভিজ্ঞতা আছে জীবন ও ক্যারিয়ারের ক্ষেত্রে তা আপনার কাজে লাগুক অথবা না লাগুক। এতে আপনার জ্ঞানের পরিধি বাড়বে এবং কোনো জ্ঞানই শেষ পর্যন্ত বৃথা যায় না।

গসিপ এড়িয়ে চলুন : আপনি যেই প্রফেশনেই থাকুন না কেন, নিজের প্রফেশনের পাশাপাশি অন্যের কাজকেও সম্মান করুন। অফিসের বস, সহকর্মীদের সম্পর্কে গসিপ এড়িয়ে চলুন। অন্যেরা করে করুক, আপনি চেষ্টা করুন এতে অংশগ্রহণ না করতে। এভাবে অন্যের কাছে আপনি আলাদা একটি গ্রহণযোগ্যতা পাবেন।

সন্তুষ্টি খুঁজে নিন : আপনি আপনার কাজের ক্ষেত্রে সন্তুষ্ট না থাকলে, এ কাজেরই কোনো না কোনো ভালো দিক খুঁজে বের করুন এবং এই ভালো দিকটিকে ভালবাসুন। এতে আপনার হতাশা দূর হবে। তার পরও যদি সেটা না হয়, ভিন্ন কোথাও চেষ্টা করুন।

কনফুসিয়াস বলেছেন, ‘এমন কাজ করুন যা করতে ভালবাসেন, তাহলে আপনার জীবনে আপনাকে একদিনের জন্যও আর কাজ করতে হবে না।’

রিলাক্স হোন : মাঝে মাঝে ভিন্ন কিছু করুন, যা আপনার ভালো লাগে; যা আপনার হবি। নিজেকে মাঝে মাঝে সময় দিলে আপনি সপ্তাহের বাকি কর্মদিবসগুলোয় কর্মস্পৃহা ফিরে পাবেন।

জীবন অথবা ক্যারিয়ার যেখানেই সফল হতে চান, তার জন্য আগে নিজেকে তৈরি করুন, নিজেকে ভালবাসুন এবং নিজেকে জানুন। নিজেকে তৈরি করতে পারলে দেখবেন শুধু ক্যারিয়ার নয়, আপনার জীবনের সবকিছুই নিয়ন্ত্রণে চলে আসছে।

Source: http://ajkertipsbd.com/%E0%A6%9C%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%A8%E0%A7%87-%E0%A6%A8%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%A8-%E0%A6%95%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%AF%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%BF%E0%A7%9F%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%B0-%E0%A6%B8%E0%A6%AB%E0%A6%B2-%E0%A6%B9%E0%A6%93/
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10